Jun 28, 2019
In this episode Mark shares the first half of a Draft2Digital
"Ask Us Anything" Live Chat that was recorded on Thursday June 27,
The chat was composed of questions submitted by authors and
answered by Dan Wood, Kevin Tumlinson, and Mark.
Prior to the main segement, Mark shares a personal update, talks
about comments from previous episodes and shares a word from this
episode's sponsor Findaway Voices . . .
You can learn more about how
you can get your work distributed to retailers and library systems
around the world at starkreflections.ca/Findaway.
In the Live Chat, Dan, Kevin, and Mark cover these
- What is the biggest missed opportunity on D2D for most indie
authors already using the platform?
- I understand that the ebook will go out to places that are
checked on the next page. How can I check on the results?
- In addition to universal links, what's the benefit of using D2D
to list our books?
- Why are payments from Draft2Digital sometimes delayed?
- Is the expense for purchasing my own ISBNs worth the
- How do promo opportunities work for the various channels you
distribute to? Places like Kobo and Apple and OverDrive.
- I'm confused over how to make Books2Read work for me. Beyond a
link on my website, what more should I be doing to help readers
- Is there some sort of pre-built chart or graph in the
Draft2Digital dashboard that shows all your sales in one
- Questions about formatting WORD documents with images for
eBooks as well as using Vellum for eBook formatting.
After the recording, Mark shares a few thoughts about the idea
of asking questions and how questions can be understood differently
by different people.
Links of Interest
The music for this podcast (“Laser Groove”) was composed and
produced by Kevin MacLeod of www.incompetech.com and is
Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0