Mark interviews Chelle Honiker and Chrishaun Keller Hanna of
Indie Author Magazine.
Prior to the interview, Mark shares a brief personal update and
a word from this episode's sponsor.
This episode is sponsored by Findaway Voices.
You can learn more about
how you can get your work distributed to retailers and library
systems around the world at starkreflections.ca/Findaway.
In their conversion Chelle, Chrishaun, and Mark talk about:
- Their backgrounds as writers, creatives, geeks, and
- Chrishan's "Organzied chaos with style" line and how she has
honed and refined her "pitch" over time at cons
- How writing feels like one dimension of a way that you can tell
- Learning about not being cut out for working FOR other
- An aborted attempt at becoming a digital nomad (due to the
global covid lockdowns)
- How an accountability partner/mastermind group led to the
origin of Indie Author Magazine
- The desire to create an unbiased source of trusted information
for indie authors
- The magazine being produced as a monthly digital and a print
- How the skill-set for the magazine was based on internal
skills, talents, and experience from the team
- The range of topics and features planned to be covered and
updated in each issue
- The "Indie Annie" column in order to answer questions submitted
- How authors can get ahold of the magazine online or via the
- The way they manage to fit managing this magazine while
maintaining their writing commitments
- And more...
After the interview Mark reflects on the power of priorities,
partnership, and collaboration.
Links of Interest:
The mission of Indie Author Magazine is to
inform, educate, and inspire authors at every stage of their
Our vision is to be the trusted industry leader for reliable
resources and information for indie authors by providing unbiased,
well-researched, and articulate content in a timely manner, in the
most engaging format possible.
The introductory, end, and bumper music for this podcast
(“Laser Groove”) was composed and produced by Kevin MacLeod of
www.incompetech.com and is
Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0